Kallik takes your privacy very seriously and respects the importance of security on the internet.
What cookies do we use?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information. They are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. They don’t tell us who you are but they do enable us to recognise your device and where you have made various preferences or actions they enable us to remember them.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience of our websites. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on the Kallik wesbite have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. Here are the main types of cookies we use and why we use them:
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. For instance, they tell us which pages you visit most often, and if you receive any error messages from our web pages. These cookies do not identify you. All information they collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use our websites and to improve their functionality and the user experience.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, personalised features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to customisable parts of our websites including text size and font. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting & Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts and communications more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
We only use the types of cookies described above. We don’t use so-called ‘specialist cookies’.
BSI websites are designed to function optimally with cookies enabled. You can, however, disable cookies via your website browser settings. This may mean, however, that you may no longer have access to some of our website features. Please note that even with all cookies disabled, a tiny amount of information will continue to be retrieved from your web browser. This information is necessary for the basic functioning of our website.
Kallik Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers, prospects and partners and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Our personal data handling policy and processes have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable national law.
- Information about us.
Kallik Ltd. Is a Limited Company registered in England under company number 04249159
Registered and Main Trading address: Kallik Ltd, 2 Anker Court, Bonehill Road, Tamworth, Staffs, B78 3HP, United Kingdom.
VAT number: 892 2106 29
Director responsible for Data Protection: Ashley Goldie
Email address: DataSecurity@kallik.com
Telephone number: +44 (0)1827 318100
Postal Address: Kallik Ltd, 2 Anker Court, Bonehill Road, Tamworth, Staffs, B78 3HP, United Kingdom
- What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process may include
- your name;
- Your gender;
- your home or work address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your job title;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- IP address;
- recordings of calls you make to our customer service or support teams;
- and/or any other information you provide
- How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph listed above for the following purposes:
- as required to establish and fulfil a contract with you, for example, if you enter into an agreement to provide or receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Kallik’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- we may use your information to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it (opt-in). You will continue to be able to opt-out/unsubscribe to electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
- With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that the business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
- How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for a period of 12 months.
Where you are a prospective customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or, if you have not unsubscribed, (b) while you interact with us and our content; or (c) for 12 months from when you last interacted with us .
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer support team, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for two weeks after the query is closed.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Kallik to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
- Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place. Typically this will be where our data is hosted in the cloud. Further information may be obtained from DataSecurity@Kallik.com .
- What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless we have received your consent (opt-in).
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (i) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (ii) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (iii) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (iv) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
- Where can I find more information about how Kallik handle your data?
If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/